We anticipate registration to fill up as we will be having less teams than in past years due to Covid-19. Most divisions will likely fill well before the deadline so please don't delay. Unlike past years, we will not be able to edit roster sizes to add late registrations as the state guidelines are very specific about number of occupants in our gyms.
Below are some of the key details for this upcoming season both for our Rec and Travel teams as well as some of the modifications we have had to make for Covid-19 in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
Recreational League Information
- The date for Evaluations is TBD
- Practices for rec league should begin the week of November 30th.
- Games should begin on December 12th.
- 8 week regular season.
- Playoffs are still being discussed.
- There will be limited #s for each division, so we will NOT be making exceptions for any late registrations.
Travel League Information
- ICBA plans to have a Travel League with games beginning January 15, 2021 with an estimated 50% of the teams from prior years
- 8-10 regular season games with playoffs to follow in March 2021
- We may reduce the # of Travel teams due to ICBA team availability.
- There may be limitations as to outside tournaments
- More information about Travel basketball will be communicated in a separate email and posted on the website.
Additional Information for Parents
- Stay home if sick.
- Players will not be allowed in the gym with their own basketballs.
- Reduce physical closeness and keep 6 feet of space between players when possible.
- Players should wash their hands before and after practices, games, and sharing equipment.
- Tell a coach or staff member if you don’t feel well.
- Coaches will sanitize basketballs after each practice
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at each gym
- Teams need to leave the gym before another team can come into the gym to practice/games. (Practice times will be adjusted to allow for 10 minutes to leave/enter)
- Players/Coaches should avoid shaking hands, fist bumps or high fives.
- Everyone attending practices/games must wear a face mask while entering all buildings.
- Coaches must wear his/her mask throughout practice/games.
- Players can remove mask while practicing/playing
This is the current plan and is subject to change due to the evolving nature of the pandemic. We will communicate updates as they happen. Thank you all for your patience as we try to get through these difficult times and provide the best season possible for our athletes.
Boyertown Optimist Basketball Mission:
Helping to develop well rounded youth by encouraging teamwork, responsibility and respect while teaching the fundamentals of basketball.
Boyertown Bobcats Travel Grades 4th thru 8th
Girls and boys in grades 4th thru 8th are welcome to try out for the travel teams. Travel basketball will require the player to participate in away games throughout Southeastern PA. Learn More
Biddy Recreation - Grades 5th/6th boys and Grades 5th/6th girls
Girls 5th/6th and boys in 5th/6th grades who reside within the boundaries of the Boyertown Area School District are encouraged to participate. Since this program is a developmental/recreational program, prior experience is not necessary. Learn More
Jr High Recreation Grades 7th thru 9th
Boys in grades 7th thru 9th who reside within the boundaries of the Boyertown Area School District are encouraged to participate. Since this program is a developmental/recreational program, prior experience is not necessary. Learn More
Opportunities for Children in K - 4th Grades
Is your child too young to play Biddy? The Optimist Club of Boyertown fully supports the Boyertown YMCA's basketball skills program that it is held each Winter. We consider this our feeder program into Optimist basketball.